Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oooo Ooooo Look At Me!

I am posting. Holy moly! I have missed you guys and keeping you all up to date on my life. I have tons going on right now, so let's play a little game of catch up!


  • With my parent's divorce still going on the holidays are much different. Now, instead of mom and dad's on thanksgiving day and grandma's house the following Saturday. It would be dad's house on Thanksgiving, mom's house on Thanksgiving AND grandma's house the Saturday after. This year, we said you know...we aren't going to do that. So, we cooked at home. Just  Babe and I! It was sooo nice. We never do the holiday season by ourselves and I loved having dinner just the 2 of us. We did also go to my Grandma's house for a little while on Saturday. 
  • I am currently working 2 jobs(well have been for a year). Which is about 14-18 hours a week more than just the 40. So, by the time I get home, I am EXHAUSTED!
  • Babe and I do our own Christmas shopping. He is so picky that just about everything I have ever bought for him, he has returned. So now, he just buys his own and I buy my own. So, our Christmas shopping is almost done...minus ONE MORE BIG EXCITING GIFT TO FIND. More on that later in this post.
  • I have recently reconnected with a friend from high school and have been hanging out with her and her family quite often and it's been great.
  • My friend Jenn planned/hosted a party for our friend Ashley and oh my word...was it fun!! My girlfriends really make my life better! They are so goofy and we have fun talking about every subject! 
  • We have SO MUCH SNOW here in SLC! The blizzard we were suppose to get was all talk no action, but that is fine by me.
 So, I have to admit. I have NOT been weighing or paying too much attention to what I am eating/drinking and that has got to stop. I feel so terrible. I don't really care what the number on the scale says. It doesn't make me feel nearly as bad as my body is feeling about the way I have been treating it. Not enough fruits/veggies. Plenty of alcohol, sweets, carbs and no exercise. BOO!

I am on a mission. I have some goals in mind and I am bound and determined to get to where I want to be.

I promise myself that I will....

...re-incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet!
...cut out unnecessary carbs from my diet!
...NOT drink a beer(or 2) every night!
...get back on the running bandwagon!
...get some new workout DVDs(Hi Jillian Michael 6 pack ab challenge)!
...get to goal in 2011!

I really wanted to hit my goal in 2010, but I haven't given it my all! No excuses, I just haven't made the time to eat right and exercise. So, I am obviously not going to reap the rewards. However, I want the rewards and will do anything to get them!

The first step is to eat better. I haven't gone overboard, but I have let a few things "slide". I haven't eaten enough fruits/veggies and my body can tell a difference. I am already on top of this one. So, I just have to keep working to tighten it up some more.

The second step is to get back to running! I miss running so much. Sometimes I feel like a part of me is missing and I know it is the daily runs that are lacking! Which brings me to my EXCITING CHRISTMAS GIFT! I am getting a treadmill! Woohoo!! Love and I are going to start shopping tonight. I am probably going to buy one used, but that is fine by me. It just has to last me a couple of years. My ultimate goal is to have a spin bike, eliptical, rowing machine and treadmill. For now though, the treadmill will barely fit in my house and I am okay with that :)

I am very out of shape right now, but I do plan on fulfilling my 11 half marathons and 1 full in 2011. Even if I have to walk all of January's. I am looking forward to the SLC half this year though. I did it in exactly 2:16:00 last year and this coming year, I would just like to beat that time by 1 second or 20 minutes, I don't care!!

I am ready to push myself to the limits!!

I have been reading blogs still, but have had no time to comment! Thanks for all of the love and support you have offered me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment