Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Running Shoes & Lunch Boxes

The past few runs, my knees have hurt so bad. I kept trying to figure out what in Lord's name it could be. The way I run...hmmm...I don't think so. Not stretching enough or the right way....Not that either. Then, I remembered that I'd had my workout shoes for probably close to 4 or 5 years. I didn't exercise all that much in that time, but I did wear them a lot. FYI(tangent), I'm planning a blog to tell y'all about my weight issues, but I have to sort my thoughts on it.

Anywho, My running shoes were more of everyday shoes(up until 2 years ago when I moved in with the beau and they stayed at my parents, until I found them 3 weeks ago). Yes, that had to be the problem. Last night, Babes and I went to a shoe locally owned shoe store. This place has been in business for almost 20 years and has always had the best deal on shoes. I remember when my dad first discovered them in the early 90s, Ossine shoe days were my favorite :). Back to the point....So, I walked in and the guy there did a "foot analysis". He watches me walk away from him and towards him, and then the same for running. He picked 3 pairs of shoes that he thought would work best for me. One was even a wide shoe. The wide shoe felt to big, but the Asics were nice and tight. I actually don't really remember the third pair... So, I stuck with the Asics and wore them last night while I did the shred and could FEEL the DIFFERENCE...WOOHOO!!

Here they are:








Then, we went to Sunflower Market, MY FAVORITE STORE. They're kind of like a health food store, I would say and got me a lunch box, so now I don't have to bring my lunch to work in a grocery bag....I know, i'm classy :)
Look how cute:

I put it with an apple we bought and my food journal with the frilly pen. I'm such the photographer haha.

I think yesterday was an all around win and it also gave me lots of motivation to keep going with the running and packing my lunch thing.

I have to start writing down my blog ideas because I have a million running through my brain all the time and then, I sit down to write and nothing.

Thanks for all of your comments everyone. I love sharing in this journey and reading about yours as well :)

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment