Monday, December 28, 2009

Preparations for a New Year

I have never been one to believe in "New Year Resolutions", per se. Instead, I look at the past year....the good, bad AND ugly. This year, however, I am going to make some goals for myself of what I would really like to do to improve myself and my life.

This past year, I have accomplished so many awesome things:
  • I began a lifestyle change and actually stuck to it! This has made me so proud of myself!
  • I ran my first 5k! I did it in 32:21, which was less than the 33:00 time I had hoped(on the inside) for!
  • I worked on building my relationship and growing stronger with Love! Our relationship is better than it ever has been and I am thankful that we grew together, rather than apart!
  • I learned to cope with one of the hardest experiences! I talked about it, instead of throwing it to the wayside and pretending everything was fine.
  • I learned to ask questions...even if they seemed stupid! A first in my life!
  • I worked through my self esteem issues and can honestly say that I love WHO and WHAT I am and have become!
For the upcoming year:
  • I have purchased a pocket size day planner and WILL use it to note my workouts, water count, dates with friends, reminders, and noting things I learn from day to day!
  • I am definitely going to work on my writing skills and maybe turn my other blog into more of a creative writing/life experience type of blog.
  • I WILL REACH MY HEALTH GOALS BY THE SUMMER!! I have 110 in my mind as the weight I would like to be, but I can't logically depend on the number alone. I will make it more about HOW I feel, not what I look like!
  • I will be a better friend/bloggy buddy!
I will definitely be adding to this list, but now, it is sleepy time!

So, tell me. What are some of your goals for the New Year? How do you feel you did in 2009?

No comments:

Post a Comment