Sunday, April 18, 2010

Half Marathon!

Well, I did it! I am a half marathoner finisher!!!

Or shall I say, my best friend and I are half marathon finishers! I completed the half marathon in 2 hours and 16 minutes flat!! I have never in my life been so proud of myself!

I didn't get nervous before starting. Maybe in the days leading up to the race, but not on the actual race day. I went into this race knowing that I was going to do great. I was prepared, mentally and physically. I never "hit a wall" or thought 'how am I going to do this?' I always thought, '8 more miles, I got this'. I was positive the whole time, stayed on track and finished 4 minutes faster than my goal. I wanted to do it in 2hours and 20minutes.

It may have been a fluke, but I feel my first half marathon was flawless!!

My knees killed me the rest of the day. My foot on the bottom outside stings everytime I walk. My muscles are slightly sore. All in all, I feel pretty good!

Thank you so much for all of your encouragement during my training and even up to the last 2 comments I read Friday night. You were all in my heart during that race, thinking of the comments and support really kept me going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment