Monday, March 15, 2010

Let's Talk....

So, this weekend I have really thought about a few things that have changed about my body and I thought I would share. Just a fair warning, this is a TMI post for just a minute, but not the whole thing and I promise not to be gross.

First things first, my energy level is quite amazing! I wake up happy, I workout, I go to work, I come home, I clean, I cook(or get takeout), and I go to bed. I used to take naps close to everyday, but now, I rarely take naps. Love took a 3 hour nap Saturday(he worked early) and I stayed up. I cleaned, stained cabinets, worked out a little and played with the dogs. We got up together at 6:30, but I had all the energy in the world. I am still surprised that I don't take naps. I deal with a touch of insomnia these days. I go to bed between 10pm and 12am and get up at 4:45am most days. So, I really need to work on getting sleep, so I have a plan. I will share this in a later post!

Secondly, I have never been *AHEM* regular in the potty department. It was normal to not poop for 3 days. I bet you I dropped the kids off at the pool maybe 2 times a week, 3 if I was lucky. Now, I drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning, I pack lots of fruits, veggies, and fiber into my diet. Plus, I drink over 100 oz. of water a day. Now, I go at least 2 times, if not 3 or 4 times a day. I love the feeling of not being "plugged" up like I used to. The down side to how regular I am is I have freaking gas pretty badly some days(okay, more like 4 days out of the week). Love always says,"Wow, that was lady like!!! I remember when you would try to hold it in, but now you just let it rip!" I always blame the dogs, but he doesn't believe me! Haha!

Last but not least, the food my body craves. I am currently going off of sweets and treats for 2 week, today is day 4 and it is not that bad. My body craves veggies, fruits and yogurt, which is a long ways from Quesadillas, cookies, and my all time favorite cheesy bean and rice burritos a la Taco Bell. Now, I still remember how much I love those burritos, but I have not had one in almost a year. I love me some banana, kiwi, salad, broccoli and my body craves those now. It is such a great feeling.

So, there you have it! What body changes have you noticed since beginning your journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment