Thursday, January 7, 2010

Updates and Let's Talk....

Okay, so I have gone to the gym 4 days this week for no less than an hour!! I switch off workouts every other day. Monday was eliptical and walking. Tuesday was running for 3 miles walking for 1 and stair stepper for 20 minutes(my first time using one). Wednesday was eliptical and some weights/abs. Today ROCKED. Quick 3 miles followed by more stair stepper! It's not hard for me to get to the gym because I pack my stuff before work and go to the gym right after.

Food has been awesome. I will give you an example:
Breakfast: Spinach, banana, peach, honeydew, strawberry, blueberry, pineapple, whey protein and a dash of milk........made into a smoothie!! Seriously, DELISH!!!
AM Snack: Yorgurt with a little pinch of Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal.
Lunch: Hummus, cucumber, and turkey in an arnold sandwich thin. I ate that with a cup of salad and dressing(only 10 calories) and 2 dill pickle spears.
Pre workout snack: Honey crisp apple(seriously....I would LIVE off of these and I have always hated apples) and a Clif bar.
Dinner: Turkey, Cheese and mustard in an Arnold Sandwich thin with a cup of Amy's Minestrone(AMAZING)!!

Eating like this I think will make that scale go down nicely on my Monday weigh in! Oh, and I have been drinking between 100 & 128 ounces of water...thanks to the SIGG bottle Love's Aunt J picked up for me. I love her :)

Now, let me take a moment to vent about something that has been bothering me. I mean no offense to anyone when I say this.
I was reading a blog about 2 months ago and the writer wrote something about a WW leader only had to lose 12 pounds or something like that. Once I read that, I really felt bad. I know people who have 100 pounds to lose and people who have 5 to lose. Myself, I am shooting for about 20. Does the fact that I "only have 20 pounds to lose" make me less worthy to be seen as an inspiration? If you want to get technical, my heaviest was 175 about 7 years ago. I lost 40 pounds without thinking about it(and without eating, really). Losing this 20 though, it's a bitch....a BIG bitch. I eat well, I exercise and the scale...........it is STUCK!! I don't understand the difficulty of losing 50-100's of pounds, but I do understand how hard it is to lose 1 pound.

My point is, I respect people who are trying to lose 50, 100, 200, and 300 pounds, but shouldn't someone trying to lose 5, 10, 15, or 20 pounds get the same respect? 

Anyways, I hope that didn't piss anybody off, but opinions are welcome!

Lastly, I need to make some goals for this blog. I have no direction with it, but I would like to!
*Write in my blog once a day, even if it is just high.
*Get a little more in depth on my training and nutrition.
*Brainstorm and talk about different topics at least 1-2 times a week(motivation, drive, diet, emotional issues, etc.)

I will be stopping by your blogs tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment