Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Abigail Marked All Posts In My Google Reader.....

As Read....and I had 133 left to read from about 600! Shit! Well, I still love y'all, but I have a lot of back reading to do. I will get it done.

Okay, with the remodel in full swing, my stove is unplugged. There are cabinets being stained on my old countertops. So, I have not room to really prepare food. My lunches are sandwiches, veggies, and leftovers. Dinner consists of take out from numerous restaurants. My portions and choices have been awesome, that's for sure. It can be hard to stay on track when eating out on a daily basis(2-3 times on the weekends), but I do believe it can be done. You just have to be aware of the menu and what to ask them to take off or put on the side. Also, portion sizes are a big deal. We are always given at least 2 or 3 servings worth of food and most of us can eat it all and believe it is one serving. For example, a pasta bowl from Noodles and Company can easily last me 2-3 meals and that is without having a salad or fruit with it. It's amazing to think that I used to get a whopper value meal supersized and eat it all, but still be hungry(or so I thought) afterwards. Now, I can eat half a whopper junior and a small handful of fries and be stuffed.

Okay, about the knee pain, I am going to go to my local running store and ask them about it. I do believe I will be purchasing knee braces and continue icing immediately after my runs. On long run days, I ice 3 times. It's just so discouraging having the knee pain start now. I am supposed to run 8 miles Saturday and I am going to do it....knee pain or not! I don't care how many walk breaks I have to take, I will get all 8 miles in!!

I haven't actually run since Saturday. I plan on hitting the treadmill for 4 miles tomorrow morning at 5AM. I wish my treadmill was working, so I wouldn't have to drive to the gym. I may just on the eliptical for a while after my run as well to make up a little time for the past 3 days.. Ugh....I really hate skipping workouts, but it is hard to get up at 4:45AM to workout. Even though I feel fantastic afterwards.

I have been extremely stressed out the past 2 weeks and really just want a break. Love and I are hopefully going to make a trip to Vegas in the near future. I really just need to chill out. Maybe I will start taking hot baths before bed again. That is definitely when I feel most relaxed :)

Today I made a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich for dinner. I had it with blue chips and salsa. It was such a superb dinner!! I was surprised with the way the sandwich turned out as it seems like an odd combination. I have seen it on a couple of blogs and I am so glad I decided to try it.

Tomorrow I plan on eating:
B-1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tblsp of crunchy peanut butter, 1 tblsp chocolate chips, and a banana.
L-1 pita pocket, tuna fish with mayo and honey mustard, a side salad(dark leafy greens, mushrooms, yellow peppers, cucumbers) topped with hummus.
D-TBD

I have not been doing much snacking lately and I have not really needed snacks, which is surprising to me. Even with doing my long runs, my body hasn't wanted extra fuel. So, I keep snacks just in case, but I never end up eating them. So, I think the scale is going to keep on moving in the right direction. I would like my February weight loss to be 2 pounds. So, I have some work to do this week. I am making my March goal to lose 3-4 pounds. I don't totally depend on the scale, but making a goal keeps me focused. I try to beat myself up as little as possible because this is a long process, not a quick fix!!

Thanks for stopping by! I am looking forward to reading your blogs this week and keeping up with them! I am also going to have some topic driven posts this week.

Have a great day and stay true to yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment