Monday, February 15, 2010

Prepared

Thank you for all of the kind comments on my last post! I am doing okay, still having moments of horrible sadness, but that is to be expected.

I think had I still been who I was before this journey, I would be eating to get comfort and I am sure gaining quite a bit of weight. This time, it's just different. I eat right and exercise because I WANT TO! I want to feel the runner's high, I want to look good in my clothes, I want to have an outlet for my stress and mostly I want to live! I believe that me being on this journey has helped me deal with all of this stress going on in my life. I don't cry like I used to. I don't stress nearly as much as I used to. I laugh MORE than I used to. I love myself now! It's an amazing feeling and one I will never lose :)

Last night, I made chili. Now, it may not sound like a big deal, but the biggest meal I have ever made by myself was chicken and rice. So, chili is quite a big step! I used ground turkey, kidney beans, green peppers, onions, chili powder(Love's dads chili powder...seriously amazing), cumin, salt and pepper. Oh, and a little sugar(my mom's secret recipe). It sat in the crock pot for 9 hours and it smells sooooo good! I haven't tried it yet, but I am so excited to.

After starting the chili, I cut up an orange, yellow, green, and red pepper for snacks. I also cut up a cucumber. Today, I brought a little of each with some garlic artichoke hummus for my afternoon snack! I am loving this snack as an option. It's low cal and gets more veggies into my day :)

I am going on a 3.5 mile run today(didn't run saturday or sunday) after work and I am excited! I have "Dessa" on my iPod now and she makes the runs go by so quickly, I love it!

I will be catching up on my reading and commmenting through out the day! Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the love and hugs! You all make this rough time easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment