Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I like it HOT HOT HOT!

I am so glad some of you wanted the recipe for the chili :) Here is what I did:

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground turkey
1 28 oz. can of canned tomato(Thanks to the future father in law)
2 15 oz. cans of kidney beans
1 medium onion
1/2 large green pepper
2T chili powder(Thanks again FFIL)
1T extra spicy chili powder(Thanks again FFIL)
A large pinch of salt
2 tsp of pepper
The extra little oomph was about 2-3 spoonfuls of sugar(I remember my mom always added sugar to hers)

I started by browning the ground turkey. I actually multi-tasked and cut the veggies at the same time. Added everything to the crockpot and cooked for about 8-9 hours.

Definitely not the most complicated recipe, but it is a step up from chicken and rice.

I brought it for lunch yesterday. I threw on a 1/4C of cheese and 2T of sour cream and OMG, it was the bomb diggity dig! It was spicy, but not too spicy. Love's dads chili powder really is awesome. I think that was what made it extra special. Love doesn't like chili....he told me it wreaked! Haha! It made so much. I am going to be eating it for 2-3 weeks. I froze half of it.

Food yesterday was rushed. Cereal and coffee for breakfast(not measured), chili and a side salad for lunch, dinner was a salad with peppers(red(my favorite!!), green, yellow, and orange), cucumber slices and 2T hummus! So perfect. Love also made kung pao noodles and I had an 1/8C of those with 9 pieces of shrimp. I was never super hungry yesterday. Which is strange because I always have AM and afternoon snacks, but yesterday....I didn't touch either.

So, yesterday was overall a good eating day.

I did my 35 minute tempo run today. It left me a sweaty mess. I really have pushed myself the last 2 or 3 workouts. I have to be ready for this half marathon and I will be ready. This Saturday is my longest run ever 7 miles. I am excited/anxious/worried all at the same time.

I have decided to start weighing on the wii fit and counting my weight on Sundays. I am going to Vegas in March and would love to be in the low 120's by then. I am going to work hard! I want to get a new pair of "size 4" jeans while I am there.

Today is the funeral. I called my childhood best friend last night to tell her about my grandpa and her grandpa(her dad's dad, just like mine) passed the same day, just 5 hours before my grandpa. How strange is that?

Anyways, I am feeling better and better, just trying to buckle down and focus. Getting up at 5AM has been hard the past 2 weeks, but I am giving it my all!


Thanks again everyone for all of the support, it means so much to me! You have all brightened my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment